There’s a plethora of experiences in our lives, that we specifically categorize as ‘bad experiences.’ Some situations are, not in our control. But many a times, because of our ignorance and lack of wisdom, we end up making an experience, into a bad one. Such sort of a story is of Joseph’s.
(Shash Grewal(Shashwati) is an enlightened writer and composer, who writes love saga of her Lord Jesus and herself.)
Genesis 37: 5 records, Joseph had dreams of greatness, where God revealed in symbols and signs, how He is to bring Joseph to His Life’s call. But in His zeal and enthusiasm, he ended up sharing God’s revelations about his life with his brothers, who just burnt with hatred towards him and started planning on how to get rid of Joseph. Genesis 37: 28 records, eventually Joseph got sold by his brothers, to Midianite merchants, for 20 pieces of silver, and was taken to Egypt as their slave. A journey of hardships and bad experiences. Had he not shared the dreams and revelations, he probably could have saved himself from all these bad times. But, interesting thing was, God hadn’t forgotten Joseph. His grace still followed Joseph everywhere he went, and found favour in everyone’s eyes. And in those difficult times, God was preparing Joseph for the great call. Eventually after much preparation and wisdom of 13 years, Joseph became the Prime Minister of Egypt, second only to the Pharaoh.
(Shash Grewal(Shashwati) is a scriptural Motivational Writer, Scriptural Motivational Speaker, Spiritual Teacher, Preacher and an Evangelist.)
The entire story of Jesus’s Crucifixion, was an extremely painful experience, for Jesus and for the ones who loved Him. Though it was prophetic, still can be considered a bad experience. It was the darkest period of history, when people rejected their Messiah ( for whom they waited for centuries) but crucified Him shamelessly, when He finally arrived. But inspite of the trial period, in his human body, Jesus did not give up or been disobedient to His Heavenly Father, and the result is, birth of millions of believers.
Talking of bad experiences in our lives, I am sure each one of us has many incidents to list . Experiencing a bad time, is not of much importance, but how we react to it, is all that matters.
At times certain incidents are not in our control, but how we are dealing with every situation, is definitely in our control.
Many a times, people ,while going through a trial period, start doubting their self worth. They sulk, they whine, they wallow in self pity. A sense of rejection overwhelms them, which is quite detrimental to their pshyche. These are the times, when they go far away from God and truth, and hide into their shell. Whereas these are the times they are supposed to cleave onto God, tighter. As 1Peter 5:6 says, “humble yourself under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He will exalt you. Casting whole of your care (all anxieties, all worries, and concerns) on Him, for He cares for you affectionately.”
While facing trials, if you remind yourself these, it will be much easier for you, not only to overcome the testing times, but also to come out as the ‘Head” God has called you to live as.
Tell yourself every moment:
1) I know God created me, and He loves me. (Romans (8:37-39))
2) I have weaknesses, but with His grace I can change. (Romans (5:2))
3) Everyone has faults, and so have I. That doesn’t mean I become a looser. (Philippians (4:13))
4) I am right in the sight of God through Jesus Christ. (Galatians(2:16))
5) I know I have messed up, but I am coming back with double vigour and power, through Christ. (Zechariah (9:12))
6) There is a rainbow waiting for me, at the other side of my darkest period. And My Lord is training and preparing me for my greater call in life. (Ephesians (3:20))
7) I will not be controlled by what people think or say about me, neither by where they see me.
I will work with God, that He can work wonders through me for my life.
8) I will not reject myself for messing up, because my God has never given up on me. Isaiah (49:16)
9) I am nothing on my own, but I am all powerful through Christ Jesus. (Colossians (2:10))
10) I live to bring glory and honour to my Heavenly Father’s name, through all talents and gifts He has filled me with, and through all wondrous works He is doing through me.
Motivate yourself rather than wallowing in self pity. (Psalm (50:23))
“Work with God, so that He can work with, in and through you!”
(Shash Grewal(Shashwati) is a “Scriptural Motivational Writer, who explain’s life’s, common principles, in a very lucid manner so that the younger generation can relate to the solutions, She offers through her writing, to all the problems they face on a daily basis.)